yangmei fruit or Yumberry | What is yangmei fruit (Yumberry) | What are the Health Benefits of Yumberry fruit | Nutritional Value of yangmei fruit (Myrica rubra)
Yang Mei, also called waxberry or China Bayberry, is the waxy fruit of the wax myrtle. They have been collected for thousands of years in China and used medicinally from the ancient time.
Myrica rubra, also called yangmei (Chinese:pinyin: yángméi; Cantonese: yeung4 mui4; Shanghainese: jɑ̃.mɛ), yamamomo (Japanese: yamamomo; kanji; katakana, literally, “mountain peach”), Chinese Bayberry, Japanese Bayberry, Red Bayberry, or Chinese strawberry tree (and often mistranslated from Chinese as arbutus) is a subtropical tree grown for its sweet, crimson to dark purple-red, edible fruit.
It is a small to medium-sized evergreen tree growing up to 10–20 m (33–66 ft) high, with smooth gray bark and a uniform spherical to hemispherical crown. It is dioecious, with separate male and female plants. It tolerates poor acidic soils. The root system is 5–60 cm (2.0–24 in) deep, with no obvious taproot.
The fruit is spherical, 1.5–2.5 cm (0.59–0.98 in) in diameter, with a knobby surface. The surface color is typically a deep, brilliant red, but may vary from white to purple. The flesh color is similar to surface color, or somewhat lighter. The flesh is sweet and very tart. At the center is a single seed, with a diameter about half that of the whole fruit.
Yang Mei is a healthy fruit, high in antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals, including vitamin C, thiamine, riboflavin and carotene. If antioxidants had a “super hero,” it would be OPCs (Oligomeric Proantho Cyanidins), the major constituent of Yang Mei’s health benefits. OPCs are the most powerful class of free-radical-scavenging antioxidants believed to support every metabolic system in the body.
Twenty times more powerful than Vitamin C and 50 times more potent than Vitamin E, Yang Mei’s OPCs have also been shown to boost the immune system, lower blood pressure, help lower LDL cholesterol levels and increase strength and elasticity of blood vessels while slowing down the collapse of collagen, keeping skin firm, smooth and wrinkle free. Natural healing defense in a bottle.
The Yang Mei juice provided by us is uniquely high in vitamins, minerals, food fibers and nutrients crucial for the human body. Enjoy the delicious drink., enjoy the healthy life.
Health Benefits of yangmei fruit (Myrica rubra) and its Juices:
1. Fight free radicals. OPC is said to fight oxidation 50 times better than vitamin E and 20 times better than vitamin C.
2. Reduce your blood pressure and protect your heart health.
3. Lower bad (LDL) cholesterol.
4. Protect your eyesight and reduce your risk of cataracts.
5. Strengthen your cell membranes.
6. Fight inflammation and associated diseases such as arthritis.
7. It will also prevent body sugar from being converted to fat.
8. Yum-berry is rich in vitamin C and contains multiple organic acids. This appetizing rich fruit acid can do many functions. It aids saliva secretion, and will clear up hard digested food in your stomach.
9. Tummy problems? Get some yum-berry juice. It has the potential to cure persistent purging of the bowels (diarrhea!) or bellyache and also can inhibit E.Coli too.
Powered by Facebook Comments